Its just one of those days where I am fighting with my ipad. For some reason it shows all my files on icloud have disappeared while its still there on my phone and laptop. So not sure whats going on with it. But its also the end of July which means my monthly recap.
This month was an interesting one for me, especially the latter half. I turned 23, my blog turned a year old and its been a year since I straightened my hair.
I officially got my graduation photos and diploma, and seeing it all feels more real now. I planned to take some photos with the diploma and the hat, but I am going to be honest, I am lazy and it never happened. Plus my mom is terrible at taking photos. She does not understand the concept of taking a million just to get one good photo.
When it comes to the job search, I did not apply to that many. I got several rejections (no surprise there) and got one interview. I thought it went well, but I haven’t heard back 3 weeks later which means I definitely did not get it. I’m okay with that because I will be more serious about that in August.
I am embarrassed to admit that I spent a lot of money. I try my best to limit the amount of money that I spend every month. But I ended up getting a few things; airpods, clothes, pyjamas and curly hair products from a black owned Toronto small business. I am not trying to brag, but to be honest. I do not go on a spending spree every month.
Mental health wise my depression was bad. Some days I couldn’t get out of bed. I think a lot of it had to do with missing my dog, home, and my grandparents because they all live in the Caribbean. And honestly, the truth is I don’t know when I will. Yes, flights are starting back but it does not mean it is safe to travel. I also found myself in some family drama, 2 different times and honestly it sucks.
I completed 4 books during this month:
- Rush by Kandi Steiner (Palm South University #1)
- Nero by Sarah Brianne
- Parachutes by Kelly Yang
- The Honey-Don’t List by Christina Lauren
And I am 50% done with 3 books:
- Anchor by Kandi Steiner (Palm South University #2)
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- Wall Street Titan: the Complete Duet by Anna Zaires and Dima Zales
No, I have no idea whats going on with my sanity, I will be the first one to admit this.
Anyway that is all, I think.
In case you want to catch up, this is what I posted throughout the month:
- Canada Day 2020
- Book Haul | New Additions to My Kindle Library – Part 1
- I’ve Graduated. Now What?
- Isn’t that a fucked up way to think?
- Sharing My Graduation Photos
- Have you ever wanted something so much, that you are scared to think about it?
- On My Mind Right Now
- Accepted Being Depressed
- There’s a Reason Why No One In My Life Knows About This Blog
- A year Since I last Straightened My Hair
- Let’s Talk About Suicide
- 1 year since Arristella was launched!!!
- My 23rd Birthday
- I’m starting to regret being a nice person | Family Drama
- What It’s Like to Graduate into a Pandemic
- questionable purchases at midnight | Digital Planner
Woah I didn’t realize that I posted that much throughout the month.
One thought on “July 2020 Memories”