I was just updating my Letterboxd account with the movies I have watched the past few weeks and it made me curious what other people keep track of.
I’m a bit of a nerd in that I like tracking my everyday life and seeing the statistics. I either have a particular app, use an excel sheet or even old fashioned pen and paper. I like seeing averages, patterns, totals and comparing predicted to actual. Also comparing the months and years. Why I enjoy that? I do not know, but I do like working with numbers.
The main things I track are:
- My period. I started doing that when I started my period over 10 years ago, and have been using Period Tracker for about 5 years.
- The books I read. I use goodreads to track my books and have been using it since 2013, possibly earlier. I did however create a new account last year because old me and new me are completely different people and I don’t give 5 stars to everything.
- Tv shows I watch . I use TV time and been using this tracker probably since 2014. There’s just something about seeing the amount of time I have television and earning badges for it thats got me hooked.
- Movies I watch. I use Letterboxd for that. Fun fact, I am not the biggest fan of movies, I rather tv shows. But it is nice to see how many movies I have watched in a year.
- Monthly favourite songs. This not really tracking, its more of a playlist. For the past 3 years, I have created a playlist with my favourite songs of the month using Spotify. However, Spotify has end of year data on your listening habits so thats pretty cool.
But I also track the jobs I apply to, what I am grateful for, what I spend money on and the days I do not spend money.
Now that you know what I enjoy tracking, what do you track? Or am I the only person who does that?